Looking for Hourglass primer dupe that softens and prepares your skin for full-face makeup?
The Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is one of the best makeup primers on the market, and it does exactly that.
Professional makeup artists and beauty gurus rave about this product, so it’s no surprise that the rest of the world wants to check it out as well.
The price is the major factor that keeps customers from purchasing this primer.
The reality is that no one can afford to spend lots of money on just one beauty product.
So, is the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer truly the best one available? Or can different primers provide the same function at a lower price?
If you can’t afford to spend a lot of money on a makeup primer, you’ve come to the correct spot.
We have rounded up the best 3 makeup primer dupe for the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, as well as a full review of the product.
What is primer?
For those of you who are completely new to the world of primer, here’s a quick breakdown.
Primer is generally a first layer that improves the texture and longevity of the products that follow it.
It is applied after moisturizer and before makeup. It basically prepares the skin by sealing in microscopic creases and pores, allowing your makeup to go on smoothly and stay that way.
A good primer can also mean that you don’t need to use as much foundation.
I love fantastic high-end primers and have used a lot of them over the years, but of course, I am always searching for every makeup dupe!
About Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
The Hourglass Veil Mineral primer claims to reduce the appearance of visible pores, fine lines, and flaws, producing a smooth, even surface for simple foundation application.
It also claims to extend the wear time of your foundation. It is an oil-free formula and has the SPF 15.
It is free of parabens, fragrances, sulfates, nanoparticles, phthalates, gluten, and synthetic colors. It’s vegan and hasn’t been tested on animals.
Top 3 Hourglass Primer Dupe
These drugstore makeup primer dupes have been tried and proven by me.
I would confidently recommend each and every one of these dupes if you’re on a small budget but want something similar to its high-end version.
Some of these primers aren’t quite the same in terms of how they feel immediately away, but they accomplish a similar job on the skin.
1. NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer
- Lightweight Skin Perfecting Primer: This super silky, satin primer features a light and fresh...
- Smooth Satin Finish: The formula creates a smooth uniform satin finished canvas that minimizes...
- Face From Foundation To Finish: Complete your makeup look with our full line of face products...
- Cruelty Free Cosmetics: We believe animals belong in our arms, not in a lab; All of our makeup...
- Discover NYX Professional Makeup: Try all of our professional makeup products today from...
The Mineral Veil Primer by Hourglass and the Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer by NYX are remarkably similar.
The most noticeable difference is their prices.
Because it is very hydrating and nourishing, the NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer is an excellent choice for those with normal to dry skin.
This product’s packaging is simple and easy to use. All of NYX’s products are 100% cruelty-free, and this primer, specifically, is vegan.
It can feel too oily for those who have an already oily skin type.
- Only need a small amount
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Easy-to-use packaging
- Blends well
- If you apply too much, it can feel heavy on the skin
- Not suitable for those with oily skin types
2. ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Primer
- ColourPop Pretty Fresh Tinted Moisturizer is a hydrating, oil-free tinted moisturizer with...
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid (aka HA) and coconut water to support skin hydration without...
ColourPop is well-known for offering high-quality makeup at a low price.
Their Pretty Fresh Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Primer is a hydrating, lightweight primer.
As the product name says, it is formulated with Hyaluronic Acid which helps to moisturize the skin and keep it in good health.
It is good for dry skin since it hydrates and gives moisture. Furthermore, all of ColourPop’s products are cruelty-free.
If you have oily skin, this primer may not be for you.
It is created with coconut oil, which may cause your skin to shine excessively.
- Lightweight on the skin
- Includes hyaluronic acid for hydration
- Great for dry skin
- Not suitable for oily skin
3. e.l.f. Poreless Putty PrimerBest Eyeshadows for sensitive eyesBest Eyeshadows for sensitive eyes
- Infused with Squalane for optimal hydration, perfect for all skin types.
- Velvety texture glides effortlessly over the skin, smoothing over imperfections for a poreless...
- Apply a thin, even amount to moisturized skin prior to makeup application and allow to set for...
- Easy to carry and convenient for travel.
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates,...
E.L.F. is known for being one of the most popular makeup brands at the drugstore, and for good reason!
Their items provide a high-end feel for an even lower price.
This primer is a favorite drugstore dupe because it is suitable for all skin types.
As the name implies, it reduces the appearance of pores, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Furthermore, all of E.L.F.’s products are cruelty-free and vegan.
Not to mention that it is really affordable.
According to the reviews, this product has a strong tea tree oil smell, which may disturb you.
Furthermore, if you use too much, it can feel heavy on the skin.
- Great for all skin types
- Minimizes pores, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Strong scent
- Can feel heavy if you apply too much
Our Thoughts on Hourglass Primer Dupe
Are they Dupes?
Yes, I’d have to say.
There are little differences, but because the end result is the same, NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting primer is the real deal, especially for the price.
If you’re on a tight budget, I’d skip the Hourglass primer in favor of the NYX primer.
However, if you’re like me and want a decent premium makeup product, I’d recommend the Hourglass one. I will undoubtedly repurchase it.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hourglass Primer Dupe
Are hourglass primers worth it?
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Is Overpriced and Overhyped.
I purchased the travel size hoping that it would be great then I would invest in the full size.
The primers by e.l.f. cosmetics do a better job than this primer for a fraction of the price.
Based on my experience this product is just overpriced and overhyped.
How do you use an hourglass primer?
Apply ½ to 1 pump of Veil Mineral Primer to clean, moisturized skin prior to concealer, foundation, and powder application.
Works with any cream, liquid and powder foundation.
Does Hourglass Veil primer have flashbacks?
The New Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder Has Already Sold Out Twice.
The finely-milled powder is infused with diamond powder to create a light-refracting effect that, when photographed, doesn’t cause flashbacks.
Is hourglass primer waterproof?
Elevate every foundation you’ll ever own to unprecedented performance with this state-of-the-art primer, which not only creates a flawless canvas and prolongs the staying power of makeup, but also makes it waterproof!
Is hourglass a clean brand?
We are a PETA certified, conscientious brand that is proud to offer cruelty free products.
Hourglass Cosmetics does not test on animals during product development or production.