Few laser caps in the hair growth industry have a high number of light diodes. Illumiflow and Capillus have caps with up to 272 diodes for effective reach. Not only do they offer more scalp coverage, but they are also discreet about it by having the helmets covered with baseball caps! This Illumiflow vs Capillus review will compare the two formidable hair treatments around.
I’ve had hair problems since I was in high school; what I didn’t expect is that they would go on into my adulthood. Though the thinning and shedding was stressful, I was glad that I didn’t have bald spots that early. But when I noticed a bald spot last year, I knew I had to tackle it soon – I’ll explain how laser technology helps battle hair loss in this Illumiflow vs Capillus review.
You may already know that alopecia is commonly genetic. What this means is, it is possible to prevent the hair loss before it goes too far. It is often impossible to regain hair if balding goes on for years since the hair follicles are entirely inactive by then. Laser treatment can help reactivate your follicles and encourage growth.
- Original - illumiflow Laser Cap is The Original OTC (Over-the-Counter) Solution for Men &...
- Safe - This product is continually tested to comply with performance and safety regulations.
- Clinically Proven Tech - Proven out by decades of research and literally thousands of clinical...
- Beware of Copycat Brands - Don’t be fooled by recently launched brands that copy illumiflow...
Illumiflow is relatively new in the market. However, the techniques are similar to Capillus – multiple diodes in lightweight caps that you can use anywhere you go. They also have a laser cap with fewer diodes.
With the 272-diode cap, the scalp coverage is quite good. The package comes with the cap, charger, battery pack, and an instruction manual. For more information like FAQ, further details, inquiries, and cleaning, you can visit the Illumiflow website.
There are varying recommendations on how to use the cap. While the overall time is 30 minutes use, the frequency at which you can use it is different. Some users use on alternate days, others wear it two or three times a week, and others wear it every day. Consult with a physician on how often to wear it; considering the laser light exposure is a little higher than other caps in the market.
- Full scalp coverage
- Drug-free and safe
- Easy to use – automatic shut off after 30 minutes
- Works but the cap’s hard plastic feels heavy
- Mixed information about how long and often you should use the cap
- IF HAIR LOSS RUNS IN YOUR FAMILY, the CapillusPro (formerly known as the Capillus272 Pro) laser...
- CLINICALLY PROVEN & FDA CLEARED, the CapillusPro is as a safe and effective treatment for...
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE JUST 6 MINUTES EVERY DAY. With a whopping 1360 mW total energy output,...
- RECOMMENDED BY OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS to grow thicker, fuller hair. Can be used in...
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA with ISO13485 quality control certified processes. Our US-based customer...
Though Capillus has been here longer than Illumiflow, they both low-level light therapy to stimulate activation of resting hair follicles. Not only does this encourage new growth, but it also promotes thicker hair growth from the root.
Capillus have laser caps that come in different numbers of light diodes. In the package, you’ll have a lithium-ion battery pack, battery case, A/C adapter, manual, warranty, and a bag to carry the cap when you’re on the move.
There are more details on the different diode-number Capillus caps. Capillus advises on purchasing the caps through physicians to get the best cap for your needs. For example, you wear the Capillus 82 has less coverage than the Capillus 202 and 272. You still wear all the caps for six minutes.
- A wider range of caps and other hair growth products
- Very informative website
- Very pricey