Do you know that Vitamin C Serum can be a game-changer in your routine?
Since you started your skincare adventure, you’ve had no success.
Probably, there is a missing piece in your routine!
We will discuss each serum so that you may pick which one may work for you.
Obagi (NYSE: OBX) is a dermatology company that develops products for the skin.
Products include Obagi Clinical Sciences (OCS), a portfolio of skincare products that offer a variety of benefits such as anti-aging, whitening, and anti-wrinkle.
SkinCeuticals was created in 1978 by Dr. Howard Sobel, a dermatologist.
Dr. Sobel was originally inspired to create the SkinCeuticals brand because he was frustrated with the lack of products that we’re able to combat certain skin conditions.
Here are some differences between Obagi and SkinCeuticals vitamin C
SkinCeuticals Vitamin C
Percentage of vitamin C
5%, 10% and 20%
Vitamin E and signal lock complex extracts from artichoke leaves
Vitamin E and Ferulic acid
Who I am to Talk about This?
I enjoy my job as a lifeguard, I work on the beach everywhere and I may have abused my bronze over time.
So I was there at the age of 27 years and I was saddened by uneven sunlight.
After discovering additional vitamin C serums in the market I was delighted to collaborate with the two companies.
The comparison between Obagi and SkinCeuticals vitamin C shows why these two products stand out.
Obagi vs. SkinCeuticals vitamin C- How do the two compare?
Obagi vitamin C is made up of vitamin E and signal lock complex extracts from artichoke leaves and this blend works to heal and hydrate the skin leaving it nourished and protected throughout the day.
SkinCeuticals vitamin C, in contrast, contains vitamin E and Ferulic acid which neutralizes free radicals and increases absorption and potency of the serum respectively.
The trick to avoiding skin irritation is to find a serum with the perfect pH level.
It can’t be too alkaline or acidic.
Obagi C has a pH level of 3.5 while SkinCeuticals vitamin C has a pH level of 2.5, a lower pH signifies a higher vitamin C concentration.
Ultimately it promotes collagen production that results in healthier-looking skin.
The Obagi C, however, comes in different vitamin C concentrations with C20 being the highest and strongest and it is beneficial when you want to break into using vitamin C serums slowly.
Both these products are oil-free and non-comedogenic which goes a long way in protecting you from pesky breakouts.
It brightens dark and sunspots smooth wrinkles and fine lines, and does wonders in giving you a more natural youthful look.
These serums have antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals which are responsible for premature aging.
Regular and continuous use of these products visibly improves the elasticity of your skin.
Obagi vs. SkinCeuticals comparison review
- CONCENTRATED VITAMIN C ANTIOXIDANT SERUM RECOMMENDED for dry or sensitive skin. Obagi...
- KEY BENEFITS: L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) helps fortify the skin defenses against environmental...
- l-ABSORBIC ACID is effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and photoaging...
- WHY VITAMIN C Proactively fortifies the skin defenses against environmental assaults....
- DAILY USE OF VITAMIN C Proactively fortifies the skin defenses against environmental assaults....
Think of sweet-smelling oranges in a cute bottle.
The Obagi vitamin C serum has the perfect balance of antioxidant ingredients that revitalizes the elasticity of your skin naturally turning back the clock.
Its lightweight properties allow it to be layered under sunscreen offering double protection from sun damage.
The Obagi C product series offers varying concentrations of vitamin C enabling the user to enjoy high or low quantities depending on skin concerns.
• The serum is hydrating and has a sweet citrusy scent
• It is instrumental in eliminating wrinkles when used on a regular basis
• Its vitamin C component heals and protects the skin from sun damage
• It tends to feel oily during application
SkinCeuticals vitamin C
- Pro Size Bottle - 55 ml- Best Deal! An ultra-powerful antioxidant serum for all skin types.
- Neutralizes free radicals, shields against UV damage and enhances collagen production. This...
- Conditions and brightens the complexion for improved beauty.
- This exceptional formulation is perfect for protecting all skin types, excluding highly...
Why look older than you feel?
This product is a collagen production powerhouse that works to visibly smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
Its pure vitamin C corrects and protects your skin leaving you looking younger and radiant making it ideal for sunny days.
Its accompanying vitamin E and Ferulic acid ingredients help to trap moisture and effectively absorb vitamin C resulting in smooth wrinkle-free skin.
The SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum is an ideal product to incorporate into your morning skincare routine.
• It’s potent enough, so you only need a few drops making it cost-effective
• It’s the perfect blend of antioxidants and vitamins that make it the number one choice for evening skin tone and minimizing wrinkles.
• The Ferulic acid allows it to be absorbed quickly into the skin-boosting the potency and effects of the serum
• It’s only available in 1-ounce bottles
Though SkinCeuticals vitamin C uses a patented formula that is proven to visibly reduce aging.
I still highly recommend Obagi C serum.
Its lightweight properties make it compatible with other products and perfect for temperamental skin making it a good choice for those new to the vitamin C serum regimen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Obagi C20 serum?
The Obagi C series has different concentrations of vitamin C.
C20 is the highest concentration and is used to tackle advanced skin issues.
It is preferable that you start with the lowest concentration (C5) and move upwards once your skin has acclimated.
How do I use vitamin C serums?
Vitamin C serums are used after cleansing and or toning.
Once this is done, dry the area and apply 3-4 drops on your hand and rub it onto the desired area.
You can then proceed to apply your makeup or sunscreen and seize the day.
I have sensitive skin, can I use vitamin C serum?
Yes, just be sure to check the pH levels indicated on the bottle and make sure your brand is not too acidic.
In case you start to feel a burning sensation that won’t go away stop using the product immediately.
Are these products oil-free?
Yes, both Obagi C and SkinCeuticals vitamin C are oil-free.
They may feel oily during the application, and this will be due to ingredients that help vitamin C to be readily absorbed in the skin.
Once the serum has been absorbed your skin will not feel caked or oily.
Is SkinCeuticals vitamin C alcohol-free?
SkinCeuticals vitamin C is not, and if you have any reservations against using alcohol-based products this may not be the product for you.
It is, however, paraben-free which is more important since parabens are known to cause cancerous tumors.