A nude lipstick is essential to match your ideal shade of makeup palette.
Nothing beats finding the right shade of lipstick to wear all year, but nothing beats discovering the same shade retails for more than $30.
Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happened to me when I finally tried Charlotte Tilbury’s famed Pillow Talk lipstick.
It glides on like a dream and stays put for all the selfies you’re likely to take!
But, as lovely as it is, reality suddenly set in, and I realized I couldn’t imagine paying $34 on a single lipstick.
Luckily, makeup dupe ideas have become so popular!
So, if you want to show off the lovely color but don’t have the budget, we’ve listed the top Pillow Talk dupe that is surprisingly close to the real lipstick.
About Pillow Talk
Pillow Talk is a soft, pinky-brown shade that makes the most beautiful bare lips.
There’s a reason why so many brides chose this color for their wedding day!
Celebrities like Emma Roberts and Alexa Chung swear by it for red-carpet appearances.
It’s a smooth, matte formula with long-lasting durability.
Pillow Talk is the lipstick that puts an end to your hunt for the greatest nude lipstick!
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Dupes
It’s not difficult to find a pinky, brown nude lipstick in the cosmetic market, but it’s all about selecting the perfect one.
Some are too pink, while others seem orange on the skin.
Then, once you’ve found the perfect color, check to see if you like the formula as well.
Not all naked lipsticks are made equal!
There are other pinky-neutral lipsticks available, but here is the greatest Charlotte Tilbury dupe for Pillow Talk!
1. Flower Beauty Petal Pout Lipstick In Spiced Petal
Flower Beauty is without a doubt one of the better drugstore brands on the market, with many affordable yet high-quality gems.
It’s been said that Flower Beauty’s petal pout lipstick gives Pillow Talk a run for its money.
It also feels nice on the lips and doesn’t dry them out at all.
- Deep color payoff that goes on smoothly.
- Rich, moisturizing product that feels good on the lips.
- Cruelty free!
- Reviewers have gone so far as to remark that this is the best drugstore lipstick ever!
- This product is ideal for dry lips.
- Has a cream finish, it has a touch more gloss than Pillow Talk
- According to several reviewers, it has a ‘plastic’ smell, which may bother some.
2. Maybelline Superstay Crayon In Lead The Way
This lovely colour from my favorite drugstore brand is a Pillow Talk lipstick dupe.
Maybelline genuinely provides the best value for money.
In terms of texture, when applied, this lip crayon feels like a lip balm.
- It can last up to 8 hours.
- Pigmented, matte finish that glides on the lips.
- Has a precise applicator with a built-in sharpener, so no need for lip liner.
- Resistant to smudges and transfers.
- Some reviewers expressed dissatisfaction with the strong ‘perfume’ aroma.
- Some reviews said this lip didn’t last.
- Not cruelty free.
- Not a traditional bullet lipstick like Pillow Talk.
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick In Kiss
This intensely pigmented matte lipstick is a soft, medium pink with warm undertones and has a velvety-smooth finish. The product has neither a drying nor moisturizing effect.
- Cruelty free!
- Highly pigmented.
- A less expensive option that yet qualifies as a luxury item.
- Some reviewers claimed that it made their lips dry.
- Some reviewers expressed concern that the strong ‘marshmallow’ scent may not be suited for everyone.
So, if you’re on the market for a new everyday lipstick, look no further!
Pillow Talk is the most bragged lipstick right now, and it’s only getting more popular.
It’s well earned because it’s the most stunning shade and formula that will complement any look.
However, the aforementioned are all of the lovely Pillow Talk dupes to consider before making a purchase.
But if you ask me, I’d go with Flower Beauty’s Spiced Petal and Maybelline Superstay’s Lead The Way every time.
They are affordable and well worth the money you will pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is pillow talk lipstick so popular?
Pillow Talk is such a universally-loved shade.
It’s a gorgeous nude pink shade that enhances the natural color of your lips to create the perfect pout.
In fact, Charlotte is so confident in its ability to flatter every skin tone that she’s even photographed 10 different women to show how it looks.
How many Pillow Talk lipsticks are there?
The unique, square-angled tip mimics the shape of a lip brush for a precise application.
This lipstick comes in a range of 12 shades, including the bestselling Pillow Talk, giving every woman the choice of a perfect nude or pop of color.
What skin tone does Pillow Talk suit?
Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk is actually a pretty universally flattering nude lip shade.
It truly suits all skin tones.
Are Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks drying?
It’s neither drying, nor glossy and wet-looking – the perfect middle ground, satin sheen.
It doesn’t stay on my lips for as long as the Charlotte Tilbury lippy but after reapplication my lips look healthy and full.
Does Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk look good on fair skin?
Charlotte’s best nude lipstick for fair skin comes from the magical world of Pillow Talk.
The ICONIC, pout-perfecting shade, Pillow Talk Original, is the perfect pink-toned nude lipstick that looks dreamy on everyone – but especially those with fair skin.